Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 13: Survivor Attitude


I fight for a right I was born to breathe
Erasing obstacles from the picture,
As I formulate street literature,
From my mental street scriptures.
There is no mountain I can’t move
My survivor attitude
Keeps feeding me with rage on the altitude.
I battle my demons,
It’s a whole ton of fun
Than playing dungeons and dragons.
The sky is not an alternative
Absolutely negative
But I’m feeling positive.
The road I navigate is a jungle
But I’m persuaded I will not tumble.
Cause every experience keeps me humble.
The storm blows hard
But I can’t turn back
I pulled up my knapsack
Hitchhiking toward my dream as I eat up the track.
I got greater expectations
Than Dickens’s Copperfield
Could in a million orphan generations.
I can picture destiny busting on the horizon
Sunrising like a dome.
See me breaking the deluge
Like glass, brother, I’m busting loose.

Akpan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!