Monday, December 21, 2015

Otherside

Photo Courtesy: UNHCR (@Refugees)
For Syrian Refugees

Will I make it to the otherside?
Beyond this grave of dreams;
That special place where the imagination
Explodes in daylight?
My soul barely exists
Waiting thirstily for the delights
Of fulfillment in a world
Where patience is defeated.
It's hard not to kick against the goads
Cause the times is ill fated.
The quest for glory
Drains me and fills me with rage,
The road to immortality is paved
With hate-induced goals.
Yet mortal men thrust into it blinded
Multiplying well-avoidable throes.
But will I ever fill that space
And appropriately
Obtain the good grace
To equip the man of my dreams
With a tool to win in this spiteful race?

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!