Friday, February 27, 2015

Why We Can't Wait


I vote for peace
The kind found not in the absence of war.
The peace I root for exists in a calm, collected state of mind.
But we'll hardly attain that pedestal until we give these suicides pause;
Retaliate with lethal repercussions and serve them mayhem in kind.

If freedom is a bell, I say let it ring.
But let the hand of justice be the swing behind the ring.
Cause there will never be peace
Until every grain of sand is purged of this disease.

Now, I've heard folks argue that our fate will be dealt out by the ballots.
But when I ponder the nightmares fools unleash on my compatriots,
I say hand me a gun and toss the ballots.
They picking us out like clay pigeons and it's hard to exhale.
So if you got something to say, I suggest you step to it and not stall
Or they’ll wrench courage from our hearts. That's why we can't wait.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!