Monday, September 9, 2013

Allure of Paper


When I was younger, I always packed a pen and a notebook or at least, a sheet of foolscap paper (somewhere down the line I switched to A4 papers for the most part, because you could get one of these at the store round the block). Tucked away carefully within the reach of my arms in the back of my pants pocket, I trudged everyplace in the company of my writing tools. Even at that tender age, I’d featured the muse was an interestingly fickle agent of the creative genius. And I set myself up to max his erratic tendencies.

Paper Weaving
Paper Weaving (Photo credit: FeatheredTar)

Tablet phones and the IPad have warmed themselves to the hearts of millions of writers all around the world. These gadgets have somehow managed to ease off the burden of having to truck with journals thanks to ever-increasing insurgence of writing apps. Amusingly enough, I still find myself enthralled by the sight of a blank page.

I can’t shake the feeling that swallows me up and runs me over when I spot a conventional notebook or a sheet of paper. My fingers become itchy and I grow restless; paper confronts me with a throbbing nostalgia for the good times I’ve had when I was scribbling poetry in entirely remote orbits when I was just a kid trying to perfect my act. I don’t think I’ll ever really get over the allure that paper has on me.

Keep your pen bleeding.


Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!