Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo: 5 Things to Keep in Mind

filedesc http://www.epa.gov/win/winnews/images...
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
November is probably the busiest month of the year on the internet. It’s the time when the www witnesses its largest input of data.

All over the world, writers are getting their muses fired up. Today is the second day of November, NaNo kicked into full swing, yesterday. What follows are five reminders you ought to carry along with you on your journey to the 50,000 word mark.


1. Its Not Too Late To Join In
That’s considering you can pull a 2,000-word-a-day stint. You can still meet that 50,000 word deadline by the end of November. If you’re just tuning in on this wavelength, nano’s still open to you!

2. Relax. It Is, After All, a Draft
One of the most encouraging facts for the writer to remember is this; nanowrimo is the fossil of your story. Just dug up but yet to be polished and rearranged to take on semblance of the structure of an identifiable dinosaur. It’s just drafts.
            Nano is an outlet to give vent to the inward groaning; the skeletal frame of your book. That’s one primary reason you can pick up your writing from the last chapter.

3. You Dont Have to Post It Online
I did NaPoWriMo in April and ended up typing and posting over 10,000 words of poetry online. I acquired a little bit of information about my typing ability during the adventure. (Don’t misinterpret me, it was such fun.) Last June, I proceeded on another writing gig, which I called nashowrimo. Recognizing my typing limitations, I applied for annual leave where I worked (it’s some really grueling stint) because I wouldn’t dare pretend I could write and then type over 40,000 words in 30 days with my nose deep in something else.
            Annual leaves are taken only once a year (I can’t apply for sick leave, everybody knows I’m never sick). So, I’m nanoing offline. It’s the only way I see myself hitting the mark.
You can follow my example.

4. Get Your 50,000 Words
If you got all day to write then by all means, write all day! You might experience some really nasty case of dry spells along the way, these extras will fill in those uneventful moments.
The best thing is to have a word quota for each day and then when you got free time, fill them up with writing.

5. Its Not Over Until Its the 30th
Just keep going at it even when it seems you’re falling behind schedule. The muse is, so many times, unpredictable. You never know when a strong burst of inspiration will drive you into the land of unprecedented creativity.
It’s not over until November gives on December!

Happy nanoing!

Keep your pen bleeding!


Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!