Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eighth Day Of Christmas - A Poem




The hopes and fears of the year
All muffled within a sigh and a tear

I’ll share your burden if you will let me
You really don’t have to fight the feeling

I know your ups and downs ‘cause I know mine
Let me peel off your mask and you will find,

I can share your burden if you’ll let me
You really don’t have to fight the feeling.

‘Cause you go the long and winded road,
You don’t have a fighting chance alone.
I can be your red-nosed Rudolf
If you’ll be my Santa Claus.

We’ll ride up on ‘em cookies
And climb down our chimneys.
We’ll explore the skies
Cruising our sleigh drive

This Christmas season’ll be the starting point,
The golden gild on needlepoint,

‘Cause I’ll share your burden if you let me
You know you really, really, on the real
Shouldn’t ever have to fight the feeling.



Eneh
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!