Saturday, December 3, 2016

Life I Lead


Like when dawn breaks
On the privacy of the night,
Shattering in one instant,
The untamed wait for light,
Unclothed reality busts on my horizon.
Flooding the unhinged windows of my mind
With terrifying brightness.
I can see clearly now
Storm clouds recede to reveal white-streaked vividness.
But what I observe runs my heart aground.
Deceit and his likeness,
Hypocrisy and his offspring,
Life is from a page off the book of tragedy.
It’s amazing how we deny it.
The gravity of it sickens me.
This life I lead
Is fashioned out of frustration
What else do you expect?
When you witnessed such devastation
It’s impossible not to detect
That the genius that should save us
Is selfsame that enslaves all.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!