Friday, December 20, 2013

Guest Blog: Do You Hear What I Hear? by Jada Solaita


Courtesy: keanxchange.com
My guest blogger today is Jada Solaita, an upcoming poet. Jada has drafted a really touching poem about a young girl who feverishly awaits the visit of Santa Claus in the still of the night.

All was quite in the little house,
You couldn't even hear the sound of a mouse
Christmas was coming,
It would soon be here
and so would Santa with eight flying reindeer

I woke with a jolt,
"Did you hear that?"
I said, as I rubbed the fur of my small cat
I wanted to know what was the matter?
What could be causing all that clatter?

I rose from bed, with the speed of light
I couldn't let Santa get out of sight
I ran down the stairs as quick as can be
But all that was there were just presents
He had left under our tree

How could I miss him,
How could it be?
How fast can an old man
With eight reindeer flee?

I looked around sadly seeing just crumbs on a plate
I must have come down a little too late
But, soon my heart filled with a blossom of glee
As I saw a small note addressed directly to me
It was just lying there next to the tree

It said, "Thank you for the cookies and milk,
Now go look in your stocking made of silk"
I looked inside and what did I see?
A tiny baby doll just for me.

A faint little jingle I heard from afar
Merry Christmas, Santa where ever you are


Author’s Bio
As an aspiring writer and poet I get my inspiration to write through life lessons. Things that have happen to me in my past or things I hope for in the future.

Thank you for allowing me to share my love of writing with others.

— Jada Solaita
~GreenEyedGirl~
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!