Friday, May 3, 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013: Been There, Done That...

R U Game?


Phew! NaPoWriMo’s finally over and I can’t help thinking, all that rush. Waking up each day in the month of April to confront my journal and then hopping straight for the screen of my Samsung Notebook, in my attempt to translate verse to blog. Nevertheless, I suppose the real question is, “Was it worth it?” Hell yeah!

I experienced the warmth of poetry; I felt cuddled within the arms of forever and I almost hoped it would never end. But here we are…

It’s the month of May and since NaPoWriMo’s over and done with, the natural thing, it seems is to return to regular blogging. I don’t see that happening, yet. For me, anyway. May will be a really busy month; I’ll be sourcing material for my personal short story writing adventure, IntShoWriMo. That’s short for International Shorts Writing Month and it runs from June 1st through 30th. Last year, I called it NaShoWriMo, I had to change the name this time around for a reason I’d rather not disclose in this post.

Back to NaPoWriMo. I learned some new tricks and came off with a bolder faith in my style of poetry just because I participated in this year’s challenge. And I ended up blogging a few thousand words of poetry.

That’s it from me for now. It seems I got my hands full this month though, I’d really love to do some blogging before May sheds its skin and becomes June. Yeah, I’d love that.

Keep your pen bleeding!



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!