Friday, June 29, 2012

DAY 29: Number-One Fan



In the dark, our wildest fantasies gain substance and grow teeth. Especially, teeth.
My name is NarivĂ© and I am Fiction’s Number-One Fan. I know you think I’m crazy as hell but, humor me, okay?

I was in college and going on 16 when the real thrust of my reality dawned on me. It was like sitting in the bleachers and watching yourself act; if that was possible. I was the punch line of every joke, at home and at school. My folks sort of like, their relationship wasn’t working out as planned after the proverbial ‘I do’. I arrived on the scene dead on schedule. Damn I couldn’t have happened on that family at a better, bitter time. They took their drama out on me. When talking wouldn’t fix his hitch, dad punched me around a little bit. He always made sure I stayed alive to regret it.

My problem kicked in when I began to take the taunts and razzes personally. Well, I couldn’t exactly do something about it, could I? I just turned 16 for shuck’s sakes!

Then, I discovered fiction-the door to another world. A place of hiatus. Heaven. I read wide, explored all the genres until the line between what is real and what is conceived blurred. Then, I met Razor.

Razor taught me all I needed to know about life. I met him in the 800-page tome, Raw Edge. And I couldn’t even recall the name of the guy who wrote it if my salvation depended on it. The guy was someone I could dig and I did. His world became my world. I found peace in the dark and the beauty of my universe sprung to life just after dark.

One day, Razor walked into my life. In living flesh and blood. Difference is, only I got to see him.



Notes to myself:
The story is about a fanatic who reads too much into a fictional story and is possessed by a secondary personality.
He hears his favorite character’s voice as much as anybody else’s voice.
The story in the final draft should lean heavily on the dark side of the human nature.
Answer questions like: what does Razor tell him?;
How much does Narivé depend on that voice to carry on his personal affairs?;
Is crime a content of his obedience?;
All-in-all does he subject himself to the dark side of this fictional character to be termed catatonic?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!