Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dragons of Home

This war on terror is a lot more about the victims-the dead, the displaced,
the missing-than the psychos wreaking havoc. We shouldn't lose sight of
the big picture and end up defeated.
On the side, what do you think they did to this poor girl to make her strap
explosives around her waist? This is our future going up in smoke.

You’re not here n’ how the clause spawns an electric
Arc that saturates this terrain in a wakeless gray rage
I can still hear your voices carried on the night wind,
Deep down the cove where I tuck my private self away,
Full and inextinguishable as it rides down the throes
Of cruel death and irreversible moldering of the bones;
You come to me in my quietude and unknot the knots
And as the puzzle sorts itself out a shape starts to form;
A friend’s face bending in and out of form taunting me
Begging not to be an option but a number one priority

You’re not here and I’m not there and the difference is
All the world but I won’t turn the page and close my eyes
To the heat, it’s the thorn in my flesh that only I must pick
If I must find peace. It’s all about you, it’s hi time I realize
This war aint about Shekau but you free to breathe, to be,
To dig into all of life’s peculiarities as experience hands it
Down the tube. You deserve the attention and compassion
Showered on you and the memories of you will still live on,
That is one fine article of this assurance I will never break
Until triumph busts open the gates bearing you in its wake.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!