Friday, August 19, 2016

One

Courtesy: UNHCR Kenya


To the memory of the 22 aid workers killed and 100 people injured that day when the UN Headquarters in Baghdad was bombed. And all those who continue to dedicate themselves to helping others.


I never thought the word one could amount to much.
Like what can one man do in this crazy world, after all?
That was all before I looked in a mirror and set my eyes on you;
And I knew one could sometimes translate as beautiful.

I never knew the word one could create such earthy symphony:
Like one people, one song, one dance, one humanity,
One hope, one faith in one love in sync with one heartbeat
Sweeps the mind off its feet yet it’s the definition of you and me.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!