Sunday, April 10, 2016

Day 9: Right to Rewrite


In eternity’s eyes,
I see the parody of humanity
As I witness the sun of darkness arise
Blinding our senses with callous impunity,
Men of all ages
Have wandered from age to age,
Scarcely stilling the storm that rages.
How much longer before we get to the stage
Where our race is emancipated
From the corruption of the soul?
When the race of man is exalted
Lifted up to that pedestal where the
Heart finds repose?
I am only a dot,
A speck of dust
In the operation of things.
But this is my history.
I owe to responsibility.
It is my prerogative to rewrite it;
To be the architect of its streamlining,
As I take a walk thro the lion’s den
Brandishing the refined tip of my pen.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!