Thursday, April 7, 2016

Day 6: Unnamed


Will I know my mission
Through a tearful vision?
Perceive my destination
Within the elements of frustration?
How does a man live
When his soul will not believe?
Will I begin
When I have come to the end of all beginnings?
How do I define
A mission I may never find?

What lies beyond
The finish line
Is the multiple resurrection of questions.
In a brittle attempt to bridge the divide,
I struggle to put my mission in perspective
Enthusiastic obstacles irrespective.
The expectations I cannot perceive
Overrun my mind with parasitic uncertainty.
If I had to swim 10,000 seas,
It’ll make little difference if I wade a million lakes,
Until I set foot over the shoreline, the qualities
That will put a face to my vision will bear no name.

Akpan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!