Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Day 19: Where Desire is Born


At a point in life
Everybody falls for something.
It might bring you peace or strife
Still there is always that special something;
A solitary desire
That ignites your passion like consuming fire.
Giving wings to your dreams
And yes! Sometimes, often go unfulfilled.
I have wandered on the verge of discovery,
Only to be blighted by the cause of searching.
What is it I search for?
That my soul will not exist but fall for?
But I must continue searching
Though it brings me to my knees.
It burns my heart like hot coals
Impossible to ignore.
I’m headed down the long and winding road,
Like once before,
That place where desire is born.
Not knowing what I might find
But I won’t stop until I bind.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!