Thursday, December 24, 2015

No Questions Asked

Happy Birthday to my Mama and a great woman -
Deaconess Eka Akpan

Mma
If that name ain't the sweetest thang like a lump of sugar.
I was going to say you taught me everything I ever knew
But then I reflect on the times you broke me off the horns of a dilemma
And it's like damn near impossible to make who you are more beautiful.

Mma
Your love is like a story that keeps unspooling long after the tome is closed.
My heart explodes with untamed emotion but words fall just shy of expression;
How do I even begin when you are my beginning, I'm lost in your shadow.
My affection knows no bounds; it's as wide as the breadth of the ocean.

Mma
Just the thought of you sets an avalanche in motion,
Your pure devotion takes my breath away, like a blast of golden gas.
If I had to do this over, if I had a choice in my own conception;
Mma, I’ll root for you and I’ll do it in a heartbeat no questions asked.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!