Friday, May 22, 2015

T-Concubine

BINTA IBRAHIM
16 year old multiple rape victim with an unidentified child she rescued.
To the 214 rescued pregnant girls so-called “Terrorist’ Concubines.”
Warning to the Reader: Here there be Foul Language.


It's not my fault that I am the way that I am.
So don't judge me if you ain't been up the shit creek I had to paddle.
My sister, I ain't reserve no respect for none of ya'll that don't understand
I suggest you stand back and watch me wriggle thru the eye of this needle.

It's not my fault that I seek solace in your embrace;
That I look up and out and into your face dying for a touch of grace.
Just that your stigma keeps trespassing with the affairs of your mouth.
But I'm here to stay brother, deal with it or haul it down south.

It's not my fault misery selected me over you.
If I did bust that joint has it not crossed your mind ama thrive on your attitude?
When ya'll was all wrapped up in the warmth of fam., I was stolen and abused
You just like them to downtalk but I stand strong and refuse to be reduced.

It's not my fault that those mad dogs threw themselves at me;
So how come ya'll hating on me like I was some colossal freak?
Ya'll should be throwing a party, celebrating the fact that I'm free.
But I am not your expectation and I will survive and bring some style into it.

It's not my fault that I am the way that I am.
It's not my fault that I seek solace in your embrace.
It's not my fault that misery selected me over your brass
So am I asking too much cause I expect some respect for my pain?

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!