Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 8: Nightmares to Humanity


Can I breathe?
Cause the air reeks of sterility.
The coldness shatters me
Like a slate of ice
Slapped against a slab of concrete.
Poetry recedes from graceful gestures
And human nature
Is a pungent seizure.
My spirit sinks
Into a well of rustic dysfunction,
A picture squeezed
Thru a projector of delusion.
I exhale
Making the vacancy of peace obvious.
A tearful tale
As individual character rusts.
Darkness is a fold of blankets
So thick you can almost cut thru.
Am I going off on a tangent
Or am I being used?
And abused by tragic properties
Till I'm run aground like an embattled ship?
Desperately, I despair for release
From this recession that holds me captive.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!