Saturday, December 13, 2014

Spare Cards. Spoil People.


I was going to wish you a merry Christmas
Just hop along and deal me a nice, fat breakfast.
That was before I spotted the empty plate and dirty cutlery
Why not come on in and bite a big chunk out of something?

Really, I was about to tell you ‘merry Christmas’
And then hit the warm covers and embrace sweet siesta.
But I couldn’t ignore the thin spread of newspaper on the curbs.
You wanna come in and find a decent spot to lay your head, blood?

I was going to holla compliments of the season,
Then dash out and throw a party with the team.
But that was all before I realized you needed companionship.
So now, you and me we gon’ party like there’s nothing left to give.

I could tell you all the stuff I was going to say
But it’s high time somebody done turned the page.
Time to quit reading the script and do the act;
Spoil people with kindness. Spare the Christmas cards.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!