Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 9: Sing



Now I am caged. Now I am free.
My being, my soul, all that I am is free.
It is a liberty, which reaches into my dreams;
There is a supernal tranquility in my sleep.
Theres the reason why I sing.

My wings may be clipped,
Even now, hates chains dangle on my feet,
I might be deprived of my right to speech
But within theres still courage to believe;
Thats reason enough to sing.

A ten thousand ton worth of chains couldnt keep me bound;
The weight of the world on my shoulder feels a paltry pound;
And while I may be gagged my heart will holler a soulful sound
Full and sustained, enough to rouse a resting town.
For I will not be caged without a shout.

You may feed me what you please;
You may starve me with peace,
But with tearful, fearful shrills,
I will deal out prophecies
A cry flung up on the wings of lyrics.

I care not why the sparrow sings
But I know Who watches over His.
I cant contemplate what the free bird squeaks
But its a flat beside Redemptions symphonies.
Cause I am the caged bird that still sings.

Sending out musical shrills and thrills,
Filling em up with jazzy feelings,
Soloing freedoms own masterpieces,
Mingling heart and word with tears of bliss,
Yes, I know why the caged bird sings.

Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!