Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 16: Reign

It's my birthday!

I was born to reign.
I gatto lay it on you the way it is
Because I do not underestimate
The power of my story.
I dare the shadow of death
Riding the floors of its valley,
My prophecy promises no regret;
I found something to die for and Im fit to live.
The sorrow I visualize tomorrow,
Thro tear-blinded eyes
Is the fall of a sparrow;
Hope often holds the element of surprise.
The travails in the dungeon
Is the stick of the crayon
With which I paint a new course of history.
I am all set to be martyrized
For the justification of my dream.
Yet, I will not stand aside and get pulverized
Before the event of itsaccomplishing.
A frame of the faintest vision
Will suffice as a ledge of incentive.
My mission will not lie
In a cemetery of objectives,
Neither will the potential I am die.
My unique properties will come thru
Busting like morning light from behind dark clouds.
If hate multiples the pain I go thru
I shall not be moved; I shall not be bound.

Akpan


2 comments:

  1. Hope often holds the element of surprise
    so that when I close my eyes,
    I wonder if there may be some flower in bloom
    just beyond the horizon that I can sense
    but not see
    in this darkness where you and I and all of us
    wait for the light.
    -Kevin
    PS -- Sometimes, I lift lines from poems and write new ones. Thanks for sharing the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, that's the best compliment a poet deserves.
      Thanks, Kevin.

      Delete

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!