Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 15: Story

Courtesy: stumbleupon (modified)

This is my story:
Exalted by the riches of poverty
To a stunning ledge of breathtaking wonders
Where I stand and survey wealth by fear conquered.
Steeped into iniquity from birth
It doesnt alter the fact Ive been programmed from the start.
Unhurried in rising but mounted on pinions.
Like a solitary tear of joy,
Lonely but never in despair.
I stand boldly before forces harmless to destroy
Reconstructing the ruins of hope deferred
Stirring up into fiercest flame a dying flair.
The difference of one man
Raising an army as vast as the dunes of the Sahara,
Accomplishing the soul's singular errand.
Until my job is done,
Until I come through with a song,
I can't back down.
I'm not gonna pack up and leave town.
I gatto keep standing strong
Until my strength is used up.
Cause it won't be long
Before my story is told,
Before an army that would overturn the world
Is raised from the rubble
By the simple details of my struggle.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!